- Food allergens: these enter the body through food. Examples are proteins in cow milk and peanuts.
- Inhalation allergens: these enter the body through breathing. Examples are pollen or dust mite feces.
- Contact allergens: these enter the body through skin contact. Examples are cosmetic substances.
Food allergens can be present in various ingredients. The European Union has decided that ingredients which cause most of the hypersensitivity reactions must be clearly specified on the label.
The following 14 ingredients must be specified according to the abovementioned regulations:
- Gluten-containing cereals like wheat (spelt, khorasanwheat, formarly known as kamut), rye, barley and oats.
- Nuts like almond, hazelnut, walnut, cashew nut, pecan nut, Brazil nut, pistachios and macadamia nut.
- Dairy (lactose)
- MustardSesame seed
Derivatives from these ingredients that cause comparable reactions must be mentioned as well.
Mandatory information on the label
We as a producer of food products have to give you the necessary information about these allergens on the label, regardless the amount of the mentioned allergens or purpose with which they are used. This concerns the ingredients used as well as any auxiliary substances during production. In addition, we have to mention all of the substances present in our production space. Information about the allergens can be found in our web shop and our customer service is always happily available to give you extra information.
In case of any cross-contamination, we will inform you as soon as possible. Cross-contamination can have serious, sometimes even life-threatening, repercussions for people who are allergic. For these people information on the what, where and how the production takes place is of vital importance. Providing information on the label is not enough in these cases.
We are in possession of all required certificates, namely: BRC, IFS, Fair Trade and GMP+. Our employees are all exceptionally driven and disciplined. They analyze every step of our production process to continuously ensure the high level of quality that we strive for.
Our internal quality services department guarantees the quality of our products, for example. Are juices are also regularly analyzed by external bacteriological control agencies.
We promise you that our juices are safe, hygienic and of the highest possible quality.