What is turmeric good for?
Turmeric is nowadays a much-discussed spice and is available in many varieties: fresh turmeric, turmeric powder, turmeric tea, turmeric juice and turmeric shot.
Turmeric contains curcumin, which many believe is the secret behind the many health benefits that it provides.
Turmeric is extracted as a yellow spice from the Curcuma plant. In Asia, the spice has been popular for centuries as a seasoning in dishes, but also as a medicine. The western world has picked up on this, which is why a lot of research has been done in recent years on the healing properties of turmeric. What it seems? Turmeric is good for the body and mind.
Why is turmeric healthy?
In addition to vitamins C and B6, iron, magnesium and potassium, turmeric also contains curcumin. Curcumin makes turmeric work as a natural anti-inflammatory. Various medical conditions are basically caused by inflammation and this is where turmeric comes in to help. We list 5 health benefits of turmeric:
- Turmeric naturally relieves joint pain (= inflammation) such as rheumatism, osteoarthritis and arthritis
- Turmeric promotes natural digestion and counteracts bloating. Turmeric can thus contribute to weight loss. It can also help prevent intestinal inflammation (Crohn's disease, irritable bowel syndrome) and detoxify the liver.
- Turmeric is used as a wound treatment in Asia. Wounds and scrapes, but also burns are treated with turmeric - which ensures a faster and more beautiful healing of the skin.
- Turmeric acts as a mild blood thinner and prevents platelets from clumping together. This prevents cardiovascular diseases.
- Turmeric also has a positive side effect on the nervous system. In Asia people are convinced of the effect against Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis and ALS. Turmeric is also said to act as an anxiolytic (anxiety reduction) and reduce anxiety and depression.
Turmeric is a powerful spice with many benefits. That is why it is important to be aware of any side effects. In some cases it is not recommended to take (large numbers of) turmeric in combination with medication. Pregnant women are also not advised to consume turmeric because of its effect on the uterus during pregnancy.
The body absorbs turmeric most easily in liquid form. The combination of turmeric with black pepper also ensures optimal absorption through the intestinal wall.
The Dr. Blend Kick It Nº1, Turmeric Shot is therefore ideal for your daily dose of this wonder herb.
The turmeric shots are available as a shotbox, but we have also added them to our juice cures.